The Players for 2017 (up-dated as results come in)
Conditions of Play 2017 National Championships
Newport Harbor Lawn Bowling Club, Newport Beach, CA
This event is authorized by Bowls USA. All games shall be played in line with the Laws of the Sport of Bowls, Mark 3rd Edition, and in the accordance with the Domestic Regulations as approved by World Bowls.
● The inclusive dates and times of this event are Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 6th. Saturday, October 7th will be available if needed for the playing of a 9th round. All games will start at 9:00 AM and 1:15 PM.
● Practice prior to the event will be available Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 30th - Oct. 1st, 9AM to 3 PM and on Monday, Oct. 2nd from 9 to Noon. There shall be no practice bowls prior to trial bowls on each day of the National Championships.
● Bowl inspection: Monday, Oct. 2nd from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Serial number, stamp and date must be legible on all bowls. Shoes must be flat-soled and heel-less.
● The format is round robin; dead ends shall have the jack placed at the “T”.
● Singles games will be 21 points; Pairs games will be 18 ends.
● Trial ends may be played prior to each game, starting at 8:45 AM and 1:00 PM. One trial end in each direction, using either two or four bowls.
● The winner of each game shall be awarded three (3) points, zero (0) points for a loss. A tied game will stand and each team will receive one (1) point.
● Pairs games must be completed within the three and a half hours. No time limits on Singles games. Trial ends are excluded. If it is determined that a team or singles player is deliberately engaging in slow play, Appendix A.5 may be invoked by the Tournament Director*.
● All scorecards must be signed by the opposing skip or Singles player at the end of each game and turned into the scorekeeper by the winner.
● Cell phones are not permitted on the greens.
● Smoking is not permitted anywhere near the greens or clubhouse area.
● The Controlling Body has the authority to make changes that are deemed appropriate in the event of inclement weather, unforeseen circumstances, and / or any substitutions, if necessary. Decisions will be within the Laws of the Sport of Bowls and Bowls USA Domestic Regulations.
● There will be no restriction of movement of players in any games.
*The four, five and six minutes in A.5 are amended to six, seven and eight minutes.