A committee, consisting of Alice Birkinshaw, BowlsUSA Treasurer, Ginger Harris, councilor (PIMD), and Glorianne Mather, councilor (CED), administered the program for 2017. We are pleased to report that 18 clubs from 6 divisions expressed interest and be received funding in 2017.
The total amount of grant funds available for 2017 was $7,500. After review of all Grant Requests, the Committee has awarded the following grants:
- Sun City Center-SE-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance in preparation for the 2017 US Open
- San Diego LBC-SW-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance
- Oxnard-Joslyn LBC-SW for $400.00 for Advertising and Club Equipment
- Ashville LBC-SE-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance
- Mt. Dora LBC-SE-$450.00 for Repairing Backboards
- Friendly Valley LBC- SW-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance
- Lakeland LBC- SE-$300.00 for Playing Carpet Maintenance
- Santa Barbara LBC-SW-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance
- Hermosa Beach LBC-SW-$500.00 for Replacing Backboards
- San Francisco LBC-PIMD-$500.00 for Promotional Membership Materials
- Williamsburg LBC-NE-$500.00 for Bowling Facilities Rental
- Sarasota LBC-SE-$500.00 for New Fencing
- Frick Park LBC-NE-$175.00 for Repairing Backboards
- Oakland LBC-PIMD-$500.00 for Greens Maintenance
- Pinehurst LBC-SE-$100.00 for Repairing Rakes
- Jefferson Park LBC-NW-$500.00 for Clubhouse Equipment
- Milwaukee Lake Park LBC-C-$500.00 for a Greens Mower
- Laguna Beach LBC-SW-$200.00 for Purchase of Youth Bowls
Bowls USA is stronger because of the support of all of its members, and we hope that these funds will help 100% clubs share our sport with their communities. We look forward to hearing about clubs' successes in recruiting members and improving their playing conditions.
The Mission of the Grant Program is to provide funds for 100% Bowls USA clubs to promote club development and to assist recruiting and retaining members. Grant funds may be used for projects that are intended to attract new members or to improve the playing experience of the club. We also specified that funds could not be used for food and/or refreshments.
To participate in 2018 please visit this page by clicking here for application and guidelines!
Good Bowling to Everyone!!!!!